At my house, we love watching "Hell's Kitchen." As culinary school graduates, my husband and I always try to decide what we'd serve to Chef Ramsay if we were called upon to serve him, well, anything at all.
If you watch the show, you know that sometimes the contestants have to create a "gourmet" sandwich. Below is the one I'd probably serve. He might like it, he might not, however I love it and that's what counts with me. :)
Chicken Sandwich with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Arugula
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 C. chopped and drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
4 (2-ounce) onion sandwich buns
2 C. trimmed arugula
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
3. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
4. Sprinkle both sides evenly with 1/8-teaspoon salt and black pepper.
5. Add chicken to pan, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
6. While chicken cooks, combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, vinegar, and garlic, stirring with a whisk.
7. Place buns, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
8. Place 1 chicken breast half on bottom half of each bun.
9. Add arugula to tomato mixture and toss gently to coat.
10. Arrange about 1/2 cup arugula mixture over each chicken breast half. Cover with tops of buns.