Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Food Survey - Favorites

1. Drink

Evian because it tastes like absolutely nothing. My favorite flavored drink is Starbucks' Strawberries and Creme Frappuccinos. I can't stand anything carbonated, so I never have soft drinks. I also love iced-tea with lots of sugar and lots of mint, but I rarely drink it.

2. Ice Cream Flavor

I love ice-cream, but again, it's something I rarely eat. I guess I'd have to go with Ben and Jerry's Mint Choclate Cookie or Pistachio Pistachio.

3. Fast Food Restaurant

Do not like fast food! If pressed, I'd have to go with McDonald's fish, just because I like fish.

4. Type of Pizza

Wild Mushroom Crispani from Panera, or if I make it myself, a nice, thin crust, pesto aioli, lots of wild mushrooms, spinich, and maybe sun-dried tomatoes.

5. Thanksgiving Dinner

The traditional one. I love the side dishes most, though, mashed potatoes, yams, stuffing, oyster dressing, cranberry sauce. I'd much rather have pecan pie than pumpkin, however.

6. Snack Food

Some kind of cheese, fruit, and wine, definitely. And maybe a baguette. :)

7. Side Dish

Garlic or white cheddar mashed potatoes. I also love barbecued corn-on-the-cob.

8. Food to Eat While Driving

I never eat while driving.

9. Food for Breakfast

I usually have oatmeal, whole wheat double fiber toast (plain), and apple juice. If I go out, then it's definitely French Toast, Eggs Benedict, or a Spinich and Mushroom Omlette. In France, it's definitely croissants.

10. Sit-Down Restaurant

Olive Garden. I've eaten Italian food in Italy, many, many times, in many regions, though mostly in the north, and I have to say, Olive Garden is better. :)

11. Italian Dish

Love Italian food. Cheese ravioli is a favorite, or Fettuccini Alfredo. Classic Lasagna. Plain old spaghetti and meatballs with marinara sauce. At Olive Garden, Stuffed Chicken Marsala.

12. Chinese Dish

Orange Chicken, definitely. I love the sweetness. But the chicken has to be top quality.

13. Sandwich

Panera's Sierra Turkey or Asiago Roast Beef or my own gourmet turkey sandwich. :)

14. Cheese

I love almost any kind of cheese. I guess my favorites are bleu and brie. I love baked, stuffed brie. I serve it at Christmas stuffed with mushrooms and also stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes. I also make a blueberry chutney that I serve with brie and crackers.

15. Donut

Creullers

16. Type of dessert

Strawberry shortcake! Love it!

17. Type of Cake

Triple layer chocolate with caramel frosting

18. Vegetable

Spinich, potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, beets, corn. Really, I've never met a vegetable I didn't like.

19. Fruit

I love fruit! Bananas, strawberries, mangoes, oranges, cherries, red raspberries, almost any fruit will do.

20. Food In Bed

I never eat in bed.

21. Beer

Nope, none, can't stand it, but beer-battered fish and chips are great.

22. Drink With Dinner

Evian. I don't drink much with dinner because I get full very fast.

23. Fruit Juice

Apple juice, apple juice, apple juice. Just love it.

and finally...

24. What is your favorite meal?

Honey grilled salmon with mashed potatoes and a great salad with honey mustard dressing beforehand. Probably a macchiato for dessert. If I'm feeling really festive, zabaglione.

No comments: