It's summertime and that means picnic time. While the following recipe isn't one you barbecue on the grill, it is wonderful for summer picnics and suppers, especially when served with onion rings, baked beans, or sweet slaw. In fact, in the some areas of the south, cole slaw is served on top of the sandwich. I prefer the slaw as a side dish, however.
Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwich
3 lbs. boneless pork roast
2 C. apple cider vinegar
1/2 C. ketchup
1/8 C. Worchestershire sauce
1 T. brown sugar, packed
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. salt
1 T. dried crushed red peppers (rub them in the palm of your hand to release the oils)
1 tsp. black pepper
1 T. hot sauce
1. Place pork roast in crock pot.
2. Mix all other ingredients together and pour over roast.
3. Cook roast on low for eight to ten (8-10) hours.
4. Remove and pull meat apart with two forks.
5. Return to crock pot, mixing with sauce to keep warm.
6. Serve on buns of your choice.