Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Recipe - Carre d'Agneau au Romarin (Rack Of Lamb With Rosemary)

Easter is rapidly approaching, and while many of you like ham or roasts, my family and I prefer lamb. We didn't always. My brothers and sister and I grew up eating and loving a very different type of Easter dinner because that was traditional in our parents' families. However, my marriage introduced me to the wonderful taste of lamb and I haven't turned back.

Rosemary is a wonderful herb to pair with lamb. I hope you'll try the recipe below, or the lamb recipe I post later in the week, and let me know how well you enjoyed Easter with lamb as your main dish.

Carre d'Agneau au Romarin (Rack Of Lamb With Rosemary)

Ingredients:

2 (2 pound) racks of lamb
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 T. rosemary leaves
1 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
1 T. chopped parsley

Directions:

1. Using a sharp knife, cut away the top layer of fat.

2. Sprinkle the lamb all over with salt and pepper.

3. Crush the rosemary a little and rub it all over the lamb.

4. Sprinkle the lamb all over with the olive oil.

5. Heat the broiler to high. Place the lamb fat side down on a rack. Place under the broiler so that the ribs are about 4 inches from the source of heat.

6. Cook 5 minutes. Turn the lamb fat side up and return to the broiler once more and broil 5 minutes.

7. Turn oven off and leave door open.

8. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.

9. Before serving, rub lamb with butter and sprinkle with parsley.

Serves 4 to 6 people.

No comments: